The proper functioning of all the organs of the human body depends, to a large extent, on the habits and lifestyle of each person. As you well know, each part of the body has a mission to fulfill, so whether your body has all its needs covered or not will depend on your particular health.
The kidneys, which are responsible for cleaning the blood, its chemical balance and the production of hormones, are no exception, which is why there are certain foods and natural products capable of optimizing their work. This is where the benefits of parsley come in, a plant that, due to its incredible properties, can help improve your kidney functions.
Properties of parsley to cleanse the kidneys
The health benefits of parsley are due to the multiple properties that this food contains when it is 100% fresh, since according to the FEN (Spanish Nutrition Foundation) many more benefits are obtained from this product when it is not dry. In this case, the following article on How to keep fresh parsley can be of great help.
The consumption of this vegetable is highly recommended if you want to purify your kidneys, since it is a very good food to cleanse certain organs of toxins and substances that are harmful to the body. The properties that make parsley an effective remedy for health are the following:
- Antiseptic : contains chlorophyll, a plant compound that provides antiseptic properties to the body.
- Antioxidant : thanks to chlorophyll and flavonoids (compounds found in vegetables and fruits, as well as in beer and wine), parsley provides antioxidants that optimize kidney function.
- Purifying and detoxifying : eliminates bacteria and any type of component that hinders kidney function.
- Diuretic : thanks to this property, parsley helps expel from the body (through urine) the harmful substances that accumulate in the kidneys.
- Anti- inflammatory : favors the reduction of swelling of the urinary area. It also fights certain infections.
- Immunoprotector : contains beta-carotene, a pigment belonging to carotenoids that represents a great source of vitamin A. For all these reasons, it is a powerful natural immunoprotector.
How to cleanse the kidneys with parsley – tips for taking it
Taking into account the effect of these herbs to cleanse the kidneys, it is necessary to delve into the alternatives for consumption. The most widespread option and one that we recommend is parsley water . Next, we give you a series of tips to take it and obtain all its benefits.
Parsley Water-Based Remedy
It is difficult to determine how much parsley you can eat per day, although in the case of taking it with water, a couple of times will be enough.
- Clean the parsley branches (about 50 grams) and heat a liter of water.
- When the water is boiling, add the parsley and let it infuse for about 15-20 minutes.
- Once this time and the rest period (20 more minutes) have passed, you must strain it, serve it and consume it instantly.
If you want to sweeten the intense flavor of this drink, at OneHOWTO we recommend that you add a little honey. In addition, you must bear in mind that to obtain all the benefits of parsley water , it is preferable to drink the first glass on an empty stomach. We give you more information in this article on what parsley is for on an empty stomach .
Remedy based on parsley and lemon
This method is similar to the previous one, but using less parsley (10 grams), less water (a 250 ml glass) and the juice of half a lemon. It is also effective when taken on an empty stomach to cleanse the kidneys and optimize kidney function.
- Heat the water in a glass and add the chopped parsley in tablespoons.
- Wait a while for it to infuse.
- When the water is lukewarm, add the lemon juice.
- Stir the mixture with a spoon.
- As in the previous method, you must strain the mixture before drinking it. You can also sweeten this parsley water with honey to counteract its powerful flavor.
Contraindications of parsley
It is just as important to know how to cleanse the kidneys with parsley as it is to be aware of the contraindications of its consumption. They are less than the benefits, but at aHOWTO we consider it relevant that you know the following information:
- Parsley water is not recommended if you have kidney stones, since this food could make your kidneys work more than necessary.
- You should also avoid this drink if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, as the nutrients in parsley could pass to the baby.
- For those people who have ulcers or stomach problems such as gastritis, the consumption of parsley should be moderated or eliminated completely, as it could cause stomach problems.
- Children under 15 years of age cannot drink parsley water either.
In any case, consult your doctor about the convenience of this food if you find yourself in any of these situations or if its consumption causes you discomfort.
More infusions to cleanse the kidney
Parsley water is one of the best drinks to purify the kidneys, but there are other plants and infusions that can also help you cleanse the kidneys of toxins . We present some of them:
- Horsetail : this plant contains a powerful diuretic property capable of improving kidney function. As with parsley water, this infusion should be taken either on an empty stomach or after eating.
- Dandelion: with this option you can also prepare a very popular drink for the purification of the kidney. The dandelion-based infusion, a plant that allows toxins to be expelled through urine, can be consumed up to 3 times a day: fasting, after lunch and after dinner.
- Apple and cinnamon : this infusion also helps improve kidney function. All you need is a cinnamon stick, the skin of an apple, and a glass of water. After mixing the three ingredients well, you can have a glass, always at a lukewarm temperature and as part of breakfast.
- Carrot juice: carrot juice with nettle is another drink that you should consider if you want to cleanse your kidneys. The reason? Both carrot and nettle are products that work to eliminate waste from the body through urine, something they achieve thanks to their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.