Keeping the immune system in good condition and strong defenses allows us to prevent the development of certain diseases and stand up to those that begin to manifest in our body.
To keep your body in perfect condition and strengthen the immune system naturally, Vitae offers you a food supplement with purified beta-glucans from yeast, vitamin D3, vitamin B and zinc: ImmunoVita. This food supplement will help you maintain the normal functioning of the immune system, it will reduce tiredness and fatigue so that your body increases its defenses and it will protect the cells of your body against the damage caused by oxidation.
Why is the immune system weakened?
The immune system is the body's defense method that is activated to prevent attacks by bacteria, viruses, fungi or other pathogenic organisms. The skin is our first defensive barrier, but there are some more, such as white blood cells and immunoglobulins. Any imbalance in the immune system can directly affect the performance and functioning of our body, as well as our health. Therefore, it is necessary to keep it strong and take the necessary measures so that the defenses are not weakened.
Although we have sophisticated defense methods, there are certain factors that can affect and weaken our immune system. These are the main causes for which the immune system is weakened :
- Inadequate nutrition: it is the basis of health. The deficit of proteins, vitamins or minerals, as well as the excess of carbohydrates directly affect the functioning of the immune system.
- Little activity: a sedentary lifestyle is directly related to diseases such as diabetes or being overweight, which have a very negative effect on immunology. Lack of movement or no moderate physical activity at least twice a week is a quick way to weaken your defenses.
- A bad rest: not sleeping the recommended hours (between 7 and 8 a day) and not having optimal rest and good sleep hygiene cause the defenses of the immune system to lower their guard and not be as effective against the attack of diseases.
- Stress: although it is a natural response that favors the release of adrenaline, an overload of tension can transform into more serious pathologies such as anxiety, depression or even a thrombosis. Maintaining stress situations for a long time can affect the depression of the immune system and weaken it.
Foods to raise the defenses
Food is the basis for maintaining a strong and healthy immune system. For this reason, and in order to raise our defenses naturally, it is important to incorporate foods that provide us with the necessary nutrients to strengthen the immune system and that favor the body's defense cells more efficiently. These are some of the best foods to raise defenses :
- Products with Omega 3: tuna, salmon, sardines, walnuts, chia seeds and flaxseed.
- Foods rich in vitamin C: orange, tangerine, lemon, pineapple, mango, melon, watermelon, strawberries, kiwi, tomato, broccoli, cabbage, etc.
- Foods with vitamin A: carrot, spinach, chard, beet or egg.
- Foods rich in vitamin E: olive and sunflower oil and nuts such as hazelnuts, peanuts, pistachios or almonds.
- Products containing zinc: chicken, turkey, beef, oysters, wheat germ and whole grains, pumpkin seeds and fish.
- Foods with selenium: rice, chicken, cheese, wheat flour, sunflower seeds, etc.
- Natural probiotics: natural yogurt and kefir.
In addition to introducing these foods into your diet, it is important to avoid processed foods, refined sugars, alcohol and caffeine, as they are very harmful and weaken the body.
Vitamins to raise the defenses
Keeping the body with good levels of vitamins is essential to strengthen the immune system naturally . But what are the most necessary vitamins to keep the immune system strong? These are the following:
- Vitamin C: it is the most essential, as it directly helps the proper functioning of the immune system. The star fruit where you can find this vitamin is in the orange, however, you can also consume it through food supplements.
- Vitamin B3: this vitamin is water-soluble, that is, it dissolves in water, so a great property can be lost if you cook foods that contain them. Therefore, taking it through food supplements will allow the mucous membranes to be in normal conditions, one of the main functions of B vitamins.
- Vitamin D: this type of vitamin helps to absorb calcium, since it is fat-soluble, and together with phosphorus it allows us to maintain strong bones, a great defense of our immune system. Vitamin D is produced in the body through sunlight, although you will also find it in small doses in some foods and as a supplement.
Taking care of your body, leading a healthy life and avoiding, as far as possible, everything that is harmful to your body will allow you to maintain a strong immune system with high defenses ready to fight anything.