If you seek spiritual growth, it is very likely that you have heard of Kundalini energy, a cosmic energy that increases our inner evolution, making us more aware of everything around us and becoming broader of inner knowledge. This energy can be activated at any time in our life, although some claim that it is already activated since we are born. If you want to know how to activate Kundalini energy, keep reading this article. We explain everything to you below.
What is Kundalini energy
According to Hinduism, Kundalini is a powerful energy depicted as a snake or a dragon. It is said that, since we are born, it sleeps curled up in the muladhara, in our first farm, located at the height of the perineum.
When the kundalini awakens, the person in question evolves spiritually and begins to experience a series of changes in his life. This is because the kundalini goes up the yogi's spine (i.e., it passes through all the chakras), exits through the crown chakra, and ascends to the universal energy; then it goes down, returns to us doing the same journey, and gives us both the energy of the universe and the wisdom that it possesses.
Despite being a Hindu term, kundalini is usually practiced in various disciplines, such as yoga, Buddhism, tantra, Taoism, Gnosticism and Sikhism.
Symptoms of Kundalini Energy
If you are one of the lucky ones who have awakened the kundalini, it is very likely that you will experience any of these symptoms the first days or weeks:
- Brighter and clearer eyes: One of the most noticeable changes in spiritual evolution is the eyes. These usually become clearer and brighter.
- Voice changes: With the awakening of kundalini energy, usually the voice becomes softer and sweeter.
- Enlightenment: You are likely to also have experiences related to spiritual enlightenment.
However, all these symptoms will stabilize when your body and spirit get used to your new energy.
Exercises to awaken Kundalini energy
Each person can experience the awakening of the kundalini in one way or another, therefore there are no “exercises” to awaken this supreme energy, but there are mantras and meditations for kundalini.
The awakening of the kundalini is something magical and often spontaneous. The awakening of this energy cannot be intentional, since if so, alterations could occur in the body, mind and soul.
Much has been said that it takes a guru or spiritual guide to wake you up, but it is best not to trust anyone, but to wait for the right moment for your kundalini energy to awaken on its own.
If you want to evolve spiritually and wake up the kundalini, we recommend that you do a daily spiritual cleansing, with meditations, mantras or other exercises that are useful to you. Kundalini usually awakens on its own in people who follow this path, that of improving themselves.
Kundalini Energy Experiences
Many people, before or after the Kundalini is awakened, dream of a snake. They may also notice it running down their spine from top to bottom. Among the most common experiences of kundalini awakening are:
- Have the five most sensitive senses.
- Feeling that our body weighs less.
- Breadth of knowledge.
- Spiritual wisdom.
- Energy pipeline.
Dangers of awakening the Kundalini
The awakening of the Kundalini itself does not present dangers, but sometimes they can occur:
- Feelings or memories of the past: if they come back to you and, especially if they are painful, it is a clear symptom that the kundalini energy is expelling them out of you. In the spiritual world, this is how the soul is purified: to eliminate something definitively, it first has to “take it out”, as when a pimple is removed.
- Alterations in the digestive system: it is likely that during the first days or weeks your usual way of going to the bathroom will be modified. This is due to the spiritual evolution you are feeling.
- Mental confusion: this happens especially if you were not prepared for the awakening of the kundalini, if there is a chakra that has not awakened you well, or if the one who has done it to you has deceived you in some way.
There is a lot of legend and false knowledge about Kundalini energy. From we recommend that you inform yourself well about this energy by yourself. If you liked this article, you may also be interested in this one on How to meditate with mantras.