Psoriasis is a skin disease caused by a failure in the immune system, which allows cell turnover (i.e., cells from the deeper layers moving to the surface) to take place in a matter of days rather than a month, which is how long this renewal lasts. Due to this, the cells are accumulated in the superficial area of the skin causing the appearance of eczema and other symptoms such as itching, redness and dryness of the skin, among others.
If you are wondering how to cure psoriasis on the hands, we must tell you that there is currently no medical treatment that definitively ends with this skin disorder. Still, in addition to recommending that you go to the dermatologist to assign you the appropriate medication, in the following article of we will give you some home remedies for psoriasis on the hands that will help you relieve the symptoms. Read!
Natural creams for aloe vera psoriasis
Aloe vera is one of the best home remedies for psoriasis on the hands that you can turn to. This medicinal plant is very rich in aloin, an enzyme with an analgesic effect that will help you reduce pain and itching caused by eczema. In addition, this calming effect will be enhanced by its great moisturizing and anti-inflammatory power. Finally, aloe vera has different acids that give it an astringent power that will eliminate bacteria accumulated in damaged tissues, preventing possible infections.
To prepare a natural cream for aloe vera psoriasis, we will only need to have at home:
- 1/2 cup aloe vera gel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 avocado
Preparation and treatment
- First of all, you will have to extract the pulp from half an avocado and then process it so that a kind of juice remains.
- Once you have the juice, also add to the blender half a glass of aloe vera gel and a tablespoon of olive oil. Process it all until you get a homogeneous cream and then let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Before applying, make sure you have your hands washed, and then apply the cream to the affected areas of this part.
- Let it act for 20 minutes and finally rinse your hands with cold water.
Discover more treatments with aloe vera by consulting the article How to use aloe vera for psoriasis.
Natural treatment for psoriasis on the hands with chamomile
For those wondering how to cure hand psoriasis naturally, chamomile is the answer they were looking for. Chamomile is a medicinal plant with a great richness in essential oils and flavonoids, which give it excellent anti-inflammatory properties, which will calm some of the symptoms of this disorder, such as swelling, itching and redness of the skin. In addition, it also has antiseptic properties that can disinfect and clean the areas where eczema accumulates, thus preventing bacteria from accumulating and infections from appearing.
To use this natural remedy, we will only have to prepare an infusion of chamomile as follows:
- Add 100 ml of mineral water in a pot and let it heat over medium heat. Never use tap water, as it may contain too much lime and dry out the skin even more.
- When the water starts to boil, add 6 grams of dried chamomile flowers and let them cook for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Then, turn off the heat and let the flowers rest in the water for 5 more minutes. Strain the contents and let the infusion cool for a while.
- Wet a few cotton pads in the infusion and apply them on the affected areas of the hands letting them rest for 10 minutes
- Finally, rinse the area with cold water and dry your hands well.
Oatmeal bath for cracks in the hands from psoriasis
In addition to being an excellent breakfast cereal, oatmeal is one of the most effective and recommended natural remedies for psoriasis on the hands. This cereal is rich in soluble fiber, which gives it powerful moisturizing properties that, on the one hand, will help reduce inflammation of the skin and soothe itching and pain caused by eczema and, on the other, will deeply moisturize the skin thus reducing skin dryness.
To prepare an oatmeal bath, simply, we will have to fill a basin or other large container (such as a sink) with warm water and add a glass of powdered oatmeal. Stir the ingredients so that they mix well, then dip your hands in the mixture for 15 minutes. Finally, dry your hands thoroughly with a clean cotton towel.
Baking soda to relieve psoriasis symptoms
Baking soda is a natural product that is used for different household chores but has also become an excellent home remedy for psoriasis. On the one hand, it has antiseptic and antibacterial properties that eliminate the accumulation of bacteria and cleanse the skin of eczema. On the other hand, its anti-inflammatory properties manage to relieve some of its symptoms, including itching and swelling in the affected area.
To use this natural treatment, you will only have to follow these steps:
- Add a tablespoon of baking soda in half a cup of mineral water and then remove the ingredients so that they are well diluted.
- Then, wet a few cotton pads and apply them on the eczema of the hands.
- Let them sit for 5-10 minutes and remove them, then rinse your hands with warm water.
- Dry the area well with a clean towel.