Psoriasis is a skin disease caused by a failure in the immune system, which allows cell turnover (that is, cells from the deeper layers to move to the surface) to take place in a matter of days instead of a month, which is the duration of this renewal approximately. Due to this, the cells are accumulated in the superficial area of the skin causing the appearance of eczema and other symptoms such as itching, redness and dryness of the skin, among others.
Natural Aloe Vera Psoriasis Creams
Aloe vera is one of the best home remedies for psoriasis on your hands that you can turn to. This medicinal plant is very rich in aloin , an enzyme with an analgesic effect that will help reduce the pain and itching caused by eczema. In addition, this calming effect will be enhanced by its great moisturizing and anti-inflammatory power . Finally, aloe vera has different acids that give it an astringent power that will eliminate bacteria accumulated in damaged tissues, preventing possible infections.
To prepare a natural aloe vera cream for psoriasis, we only need to have at home:
- 1/2 cup of aloe vera gel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 avocado
Preparation and treatment
- First of all, you will have to extract the pulp of half an avocado and then process it so that it is a kind of juice.
- Once you have the juice, also add half a glass of aloe vera gel and a tablespoon of olive oil to the blender. Process everything until you get a homogeneous cream and then let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Before applying it, make sure your hands are washed and then apply the cream to the affected areas of this part.
- Let it act for 20 minutes and, finally, rinse your hands with cold water.
Natural treatment for psoriasis on the hands with chamomile
For those who are wondering how to cure psoriasis on the hands naturally, chamomile is the answer they were looking for Chamomile is a medicinal plant rich in essential oils and flavonoids, which give it excellent anti- inflammatory properties , which will calm some of the symptoms of this disorder, such as swelling, itching and redness of the skin. In addition, it also has antiseptic properties that can disinfect and clean the areas where eczema accumulates, thus preventing bacteria from accumulating and infections from appearing.
To use this natural remedy, we will only have to prepare an infusion of chamomile in the following way:
- Add 100 ml of mineral water to a pot and let it heat over medium heat. Never use tap water, as it could contain too much lime and further dry out the skin.
- When the water begins to boil, add 6 grams of dried chamomile flowers and let them cook for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Then, turn off the heat and let the flowers sit in the water for another 5 minutes. Strain the content and let the infusion cool down for a while.
- Dip a few cotton balls in the infusion and apply them to the affected areas of the hands, letting them sit for 10 minutes.
- Finally, rinse the area with cold water and dry your hands well.
Oatmeal bath for cracks in the hands due to psoriasis
In addition to being an excellent breakfast cereal, oatmeal is one of the most effective and recommended natural remedies for psoriasis on the hands. This cereal is rich in soluble fiber , which gives it powerful moisturizing properties that, on the one hand, will help reduce skin inflammation and calm the itching and pain caused by eczema and, on the other hand, will deeply hydrate the skin, thus reducing , skin dryness.
To prepare an oatmeal bath, we will simply have to fill a basin or other large container (such as a sink) with warm water and add a glass of powdered oatmeal. Stir the ingredients to mix well, then soak your hands in the mixture for 15 minutes. Finally, dry your hands well with a clean cotton towel.
Sodium bicarbonate to relieve psoriasis symptoms
Sodium bicarbonate is a natural product that is used for different household tasks but has also become an excellent home remedy for psoriasis. On the one hand, it has antiseptic and antibacterial properties that eliminate the accumulation of bacteria and cleanse the skin of eczema. On the other hand, its anti- inflammatory properties manage to relieve some of its symptoms, including itching and swelling in the affected area.
To use this natural treatment, you just have to follow these steps:
- Add a tablespoon of baking soda in half a cup of mineral water and then stir the ingredients so that they are well diluted.
- Then wet a few cotton pads and apply them to the eczema on your hands.
- Let them sit for 5-10 minutes and remove them, rinsing your hands with warm water afterwards.
- Dry the area well with a clean towel.