Do you suffer from pain in the pit of your stomach? First of all, you should know that pains in the upper abdomen are usually related, in most cases, to bad eating habits, such as following an unhealthy diet, eating heavily or chewing too fast. However, it is important to pay attention to this discomfort, as well as if associated symptoms appear, as it can also be a consequence of some type of gastrointestinal condition or pathology of greater severity, and can even be a symptom of anxiety and severe stress. If you need to find natural and quick treatments that help you calm the discomfort, pay attention to this article in which we reveal what are the best home remedies for pain in the pit of the stomach.
Causes of pain in the pit of the stomach
If what you have is a strong pain in the pit of the stomach and persistently, the first thing you should do is go to the doctor so that he can examine you and tell you what it is precisely. Next, we are going to list what can be the possible causes of pain in the mouth of the stomach, since they are very diverse and varied:
- Anxiety, stress and nervousness.
- Poor digestion from eating too quickly or in abundance.
- Food intolerances.
- Eating spoiled food.
- Accumulation of gases.
- Suffering from gastroesophageal reflux.
- Suffering from irritable bowel.
- Suffering from gastritis.
- Having stomach ulcers.
- Consumption of certain medicines.
Infusions to soothe pain in the pit of the stomach
There are a number of medicinal plants that have carminative and digestive properties and that, therefore, can be the best home remedies for pain in the mouth of the stomach. Thanks to these properties, they help eliminate all the gases that accumulate in the digestive tract and that end up causing discomfort, in addition to improving digestion, are anti-inflammatory and calm other symptoms such as heartburn, burning, nausea, bloating, heaviness, etc. Take note of the infusions you can prepare to get rid of that stabbing pain in the pit of your stomach quickly.
- Properties: it is anti-inflammatory and soothing, being of great help to relieve stomach pain, expel gas, improve digestion and naturally calm conditions such as gastritis, stomach ulcers, colic or diverticulitis.
- Preparation: add 1 tablespoon of chamomile flowers in 1 cup of boiling water. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before serving and taking. Take 2 to 3 cups a day.
- Properties: it is antispasmodic and relieves stomach pain by reducing tension in the area, in addition to preventing inflammation and the formation of gases.
- Preparation: Add 1/2 small tablespoon of fennel seeds in 1 cup of boiling water and let it infuse for about 3 minutes over low heat. Then, let stand for 10 minutes before taking it.
- Properties: improves the digestion process and protects both the health of the stomach and liver thanks to the alkaloids and cineole (essential oil) it contains.
- Preparation: in 1 cup of boiling water, add 1 small tablespoon of boldo leaves, cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Properties: relieves stomach pain, fights gases and its antibacterial action allows to fight against infectious microorganisms that cause some conditions.
- Preparation: Cut a ginger root into pieces and add it to 1 cup of boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes and take after the meal.
- Properties: helps eliminate the accumulation of gas that can lead to pain in the mouth of the stomach and bloating, and also relieves heartburn.
- Preparation: add 2 stars of anise in 1 cup of boiling water. Let it sit for about 10 minutes, then grind and serve.
- Properties: stimulates stomach secretions, relieves stomach pains and fights bacteria that can cause the appearance of an ulcer.
- Preparation: In a saucepan, boil the equivalent of 1 cup of water, add 1 small tablespoon of cumin and let it infuse for 3 minutes. Then, let stand for 5 minutes before straining and drinking.
In the following article, you can see other good medicinal plants for stomach pain, don't miss the
Apply warm compresses to the abdomen
Taking the above infusions can be combined with another of the best remedies for pain in the mouth of the stomach, in this case, used externally. We are talking about the application of warm compresses in the abdominal area to let the heat act as a natural analgesic relieving pain and relaxing muscle contractions in that area.
To do this, it is best to apply a compressor hot water bottle to the area where you feel pain and let it act for about 15 or 20 minutes. Repeat this treatment several times a day. Another equally effective and very comforting option is to take a hot water bath for 20 minutes, ideal also to relax. Afterwards, you can use some almond oil and lavender oil to carry out a circular abdominal massage, you will feel a great relief.
Take baking soda
When we talk about remedies for stomach pain, we cannot fail to mention baking soda. This product acts as a powerful natural antacid that neutralizes stomach acids and, therefore, fights indigestion and pain. It also helps reduce stomach heaviness, making it an excellent remedy to relieve the discomfort that occurs from eating heavily or too quickly.
- 1 small tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 glass of water
- Squeeze the lemon to get its natural juice.
- In 1 glass of water at room temperature, add the baking soda and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Mix well and take the preparation after eating to soothe stomach pains.
In the article How to take baking soda for heartburn, you can see other very effective treatments.
Prepare an aloe vera juice
Finally, aloe vera juice is another very good solution to remove pain in the pit of the stomach effectively and quickly. This plant has anti-inflammatory effects, is excellent in case of gastritis, has analgesic properties that relieve discomfort and improves intestinal transit considerably. It is also a great remedy for stomach infections, as it exerts a very powerful antibacterial action.
- 1 aloe vera leaf or aloe vera
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- 1 cup water
- Cut the thorns from the aloe leaf with a knife and wash it.
- Open the leaf in half and with the help of a spoon extract the gel inside.
- Add the aloe gel in the blender or in a bowl to beat, add the water and honey, and process until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Take 1 cup a day of this juice for 1 week, but in no case exceed the intake of 2 glasses a day or take it for more than 7 days in a row.