Do you have irritation in the anus? When you have experienced a sensation of intense itching and discomfort, it is more than likely that, little by little, the skin will become irritated and you will feel itching in the anal area that can bother you a lot, especially at night. we are going to discover the best home remedies for irritation in the anus that will help you calm the area and recover your personal well-being. Above all, it is important that you do not scratch because, if you continue scratching, you will be injuring the area even more and the situation will be complicated. Take note of our advice and discover what you should do to calm irritation in the anus naturally.
8 causes of anal irritation
Before entering fully into the home remedies for irritation in the anus, it is important that we know what are the possible causes that can produce this uncomfortable situation in your body. Anal itching can occur for many reasons and may indicate that there is simply irritation or the cause may be due to a slightly more serious condition such as a disease of the anal mucosa.
In any case, due to the intensity of anal itching, we may experience severe itching, a sensation of pain, and even slight blood loss (which may be caused by excessive scratching). But we are going to analyze this situation better and, therefore, here we will talk about the causes of irritation in the anus that may be affecting you:
- Contact dermatitis : it is one of the most frequent situations that cause this condition. This can happen because of very aggressive cleaning when going to the bathroom or, in the case of children, because there has been a diaper rash
- Allergic reaction: it may also be that you are suffering from anal itching and irritation due to being in contact with materials that have caused an allergic reaction. Feminine hygiene products can cause these reactions, especially when we change brands or manufacturers
- Constipation : another cause is that you have gone through a period of constipation and that, due to the effort at the time of defecation, you have been able to produce an injury to the walls of the sphincter that, now, due to the anal mucosa, produces itching and discomfort
- Hygiene reasons: in the event that you do not clean yourself well when going to the bathroom, the remains of fecal matter can dry on your skin and cause irritation in this area of the body. Keep in mind that it is a very delicate area and, therefore, you must clean yourself well and make sure that you do not have any remains
- Anal sex : irritation in the anus can also appear because of having had anal sex and that, due to contact or friction, a small injury has been created in the walls of the sphincter or in the area
- Hemorrhoids : one of the most common symptoms of hemorrhoids is anal itching. And it is that this condition produces intense itching, as well as burning, redness, inflammation, etc. Therefore, this may be one of the causes of your current situation.
- Infections : There are some infections that can cause itching and irritation in the anus. Some of them are candidiasis, gonorrhea, etc. In these cases, it is best to go to your doctor to give you the appropriate treatment for this condition.
- Stress : and, finally, you should know that psychological stress can also alter our body and make you feel itchy in the anus area. Not everyone suffers from this situation, but many people, when they go through periods of high stress and anxiety, can experience itching in this area of the body
It is usual for the itching of the anus to be at night since it is at this moment when we relax to the maximum. This can end up altering our night rest and, therefore, affect our quality of life. That is why it is important to remedy this condition as soon as possible.
Witch hazel cream to soothe itchy anus
It is important to calm the discomfort caused by anal itching, so we will start by talking about one of the most effective and calming home remedies for irritation in the anus: make a witch hazel cream that will help you relax the area and reduce itching without need to scratch This cream is very effective since witch hazel has anti- inflammatory properties as well as astringent properties .
To prepare this homemade ointment you will need these ingredients :
- 60 milliliters of liquid paraffin
- 4 tablespoons witch hazel husks
- 60 milliliters of glycerin
The first thing we will do is mix the paraffin and witch hazel shells in a saucepan and let both ingredients boil for 5 minutes. After this time, you just have to strain and add the glycerin to the mixture. Store it in a glass container with an airtight seal and use this cream whenever you feel itching in the anal area.
Yogurt to soothe anal irritation
We continue with these natural remedies for anus irritation to talk, now, about another ingredient that is perfect for dealing with this condition: natural yogurt. It is a product that is probiotic and, therefore, will reduce itching and help you recover your personal well-being. But, for this, it is essential that the yogurt you use is one that has probiotics with live active cultures , otherwise it will not work.
In order to take advantage of the properties of this natural remedy, you only have to apply a teaspoon of yogurt in the area where you have the irritation. Let it act for about 20 minutes and then rinse with plenty of warm water and dry the area with an absorbent towel. Above all, you should not leave traces of moisture on your skin because it could worsen your situation.
Treat itching with apple cider vinegar
Another of the best home remedies for irritation in the anus is apple cider vinegar. It is a product that almost all of us have at home and that is very effective in improving the area and calming the discomfort. The reason is that this ingredient contains antifungal and antimycotic properties , therefore, it will reduce the presence of bacteria or fungi that can cause itching and irritation.
There are different ways to use apple cider vinegar to reduce itching, however, one of the simplest and most effective is to prepare an infusion of this product and, when the temperature of the liquid is lukewarm, you can apply it to the irritated area with the help of cotton. Let it act for about 15 or 20 minutes , and then rinse the area with lukewarm water.
Epson salts to mix in your bathtub
Epsom salts are also one of the best solutions to calm your body's irritation and relieve the itching that is bothering you so much in your day-to-day life. You have to know that these salts are a compound of magnesium and sulfate, that is, a mixture with soothing properties that will help you reduce discomfort and feel better.
In order to take advantage of the benefits of these salts, you just have to follow these simple steps :
- Fill your bathtub with water at a lukewarm temperature
- Now, add 2 cups of Epsom salts to the water and mix well to dissolve
- Take a bath for about 20 minutes
- When you finish, dry the anal area well with a towel to remove any traces of moisture.
Epsom salts can be replaced by a more common and more common product in our homes: baking soda.
Aloe vera, another of the remedies for irritation in the anus
And we end this article with the best home remedies for irritation in the anus to talk about the effects of aloe vera or aloe vera, an ideal plant to reduce itching and calm the irritation or injuries that you have caused when scratching. Aloe vera has perfect properties to achieve a great improvement in your body: it is anti-inflammatory, soothing and helps repair damaged cells in the dermis. Therefore it is ideal for your condition!
To take advantage of the benefits of aloe vera and relieve your heartburn, you just have to follow these steps that we indicate here:
- Extract the gel inside the aloe vera leaf (cut a leaf and you will see that inside there is a kind of gel)
- You should apply this gel to the irritated area and let it act for about 10 minutes.
- Then, remove the gel with warm water and dry the area well so that no moisture remains.
For the treatment to be effective, you can repeat this process several times a day and, thus, you will get the skin to repair and regenerate.