One of the biggest concerns of both men and women is losing weight to maintain a more defined silhouette. However, achieving this goal can be quite complicated, since it involves us exercising daily and consuming healthy and low-calorie foods. Because of this, more and more people are turning to other methods to lose weight such as slimming patches.
The patches to lose weight are a product that contain a series of natural compounds and that, when glued in areas such as the abdomen, cause a burning effect in our body. But do patches really serve to lose weight? If you want to know the answer, we invite you to continue reading this article. We explain some aspects about this method to lose weight.
Do patches really work to lose weight?
The patches to lose weight are an adhesive product that contains different natural ingredients with slimming properties that manage to accelerate the metabolism of our body to increase fat burning. Many people have begun to try these patches, as they are very easy to use and are usually cheaper than other food supplements. But do weight loss patches really work?
The answer is not a simple yes or no, since for some these slimming patches do work while some institutions such as the Spanish Society of Endocrinology and Nutrition (SEEN) warn that the effectiveness of this type of products lacks any scientific evidence. However, many nutrition experts claim that these patches composed with natural substances can be a very useful supplement to enhance weight loss, as long as they are used in conjunction with a healthy diet and daily exercise. That is, these patches to lose weight (like any other food supplement) do not offer results if we do not accompany them with certain healthy guidelines.
Another aspect that will determine the effectiveness of the patches are their ingredients. That is, currently we can find a wide variety of patches to lose weight, so before acquiring them it is important that you look at those that do not promise to lose weight miraculously but explain all their ingredients and the properties of each of their compounds.
How Slimming Patches Work
Slimming patches are a product that sticks to the skin so that it absorbs the natural ingredients of the patch, which stand out for containing properties that favor weight loss. Within this product we can also find other varieties such as anti-cellulite patches, patches to thin the abdomen or fat located in other areas and patches that reduce appetite.
But how does this food supplement work? As we have indicated, its use is very simple, since you will only have to adhere it to the skin, either in the abdominal area or in the area you want to reduce: thighs, back, arms, etc. Once the patch is glued, you will only have to leave it on throughout the day so that it expels the ingredients with which it is composed. Once put in the area you want to lose weight, these are the 3 main functions of the patches to lose weight:
- First of all, the components that our molecules absorb help accelerate the metabolism of our body so that in turn the burning of body fat increases.
- A drawback that can arise as a result of considerably accelerating the metabolism is an increase in appetite. However, another function of the slimming patches is to inhibit the feeling of hunger so that the person who uses them does not eat so much.
- Finally, the patches to lose weight also help burn carbohydrates so that they do not accumulate in our body and end up becoming fat.
The best patches to lose weight
As we anticipated in previous sections, the effectiveness of this slimming product will be determined by the ingredients of which it is composed. Therefore, below we will explain the compounds that contain the best patches to lose weight:
- Chromium: it is a mineral that has satiating properties, since it regulates the production of insulin generated by the pancreas. As a consequence, chromium reduces the feeling of hunger and, therefore, helps the person in question to consume less food.
- Garcinia Cambogia: this fruit contains a high content of hydroxy citric acid, which gives it excellent fat-burning properties that accelerate the metabolism of our body.
- Seaweed: due to its richness in iodine, the patches composed of algae help combat the physical fatigue that is usually suffered throughout any diet.
- Guarana: its high caffeine content (more than coffee itself) accelerates the nervous system and gives a feeling of energy that can be invested in exercising more. In addition, it also favors intestinal transit, which prevents some digestive problems such as abdominal bloating.
- Green tea: it has excellent diuretic properties that help eliminate toxins and fluids accumulated in the body, which is why it is a great product included in slimming patches.
Side Effects of Slimming Patches
The side effects of slimming patches will depend on the ingredients with which the product is composed. For example, if the product is composed of guarana extract, it is likely that excessive use causes nervousness, insomynio or palpitations, since it is an ingredient that contains high levels of caffeine. It is also advisable to exercise caution with patches containing seaweed extract such as Fucus Vesiculosus, since their intake is related to hyperthyroidism (mainly due to its high iodine content).
In conclusion, it is recommended that in the event that you use these slimming patches you always do so under the supervision of a doctor or a nutritionist who knows your case well and can advise you properly.