The artichoke is a food that contains many essential nutrients for our body, so it is capable of providing us with several benefits. The artichoke is a magnificent body purifier and a good regulator of bile secretion. This food can be consumed in the form of pills or capsules, which you will surely like if you do not like its somewhat bitter taste. In fact, it is frequently consumed in the form of capsules, as it contains this product in a concentrated form, with the aim of losing weight or improving liver function.
What are artichoke capsules for?
Thanks to the medicinal properties of this plant, it can be used regularly because it can help you maintain optimal health or can even be taken to improve health problems. But what are artichoke capsules for? Here we summarize the benefits of artichoke capsules :
- The artichoke helps regenerate liver cells and improves the function of this organ, so taking it helps eliminate toxic substances from the body.
- It reduces high cholesterol and triglycerides by acting directly on them to control these levels.
- If you have anxiety, insomnia, depression or are very nervous, taking artichoke capsules can help you feel more relaxed , as it contains slightly sedative properties.
- It has the ability to help regulate blood cholesterol, thus reducing bad cholesterol and protecting the heart.
- It also helps lose weight . You can maintain an adequate weight for your body by eating this food because it purifies and eliminates various toxins and fats from the body. You must bear in mind that if you want to use this food to lose weight, it must be the complement of a healthy life, with daily exercise and a diet low in saturated fat. In this other article we explain how to lose weight by taking artichokes .
- If you have fatty liver, taking artichoke capsules can help you counteract this problem, as it contains a component called cynarin that acts directly on this organ and thus protects the liver .
Properties of artichoke capsules
As we have seen in the previous section, this food supplement has great benefits for our body and this is due to the properties of artichoke capsules , which we summarize below:
- It is an antioxidant: thanks to its content of vitamins that help fight free radicals as it is capable of eliminating toxins from the body.
- Diuretic and hypolipidemic: it stimulates renal function and the activity of the lymphatic system, thus helping to prevent fluid retention and to eliminate excess fat and toxins. In addition, as it is lipid-lowering, it helps reduce bad cholesterol in the blood.
- Improves digestion: it prevents heavy digestion, as well as gas, in addition to acting as a mild laxative, so it also helps purify the body.
- It is hepatoprotective and stimulates the gallbladder: since it increases the secretion of bile and its output correctly to stimulate digestion.
How to take artichoke capsules
Artichoke capsules are made from the leaves of this plant. These leaves contain magnesium, potassium, sterols and cynarin (for example, the latter compound acts directly on the liver). Do you know how to take artichoke capsules ? Well, the most common is that it is recommended to take 4 to 5 capsules daily , always accompanied by water and food and, in fact, it is best distributed between the two or three main meals of the day.
Artichoke slimming capsules can be found in pharmacies or health food stores and are sold over the counter. Consult your doctor and read the package and the prospectus before taking them, because keep in mind that the dose indicated above is a guideline, but in each case it may be necessary to adjust it, depending on the general health of each one.
Contraindications of artichoke capsules
As for the contraindications of artichoke capsules , these are the main ones to keep in mind:
- If you are pregnant or lactating, take this food supplement in small quantities, always consulting your doctor. If you do not consult the specialist properly, it is better that you do not take it on your own.
- Do not take artichoke capsules if you have gallstones, as the problem could be made worse by the stimulation of bile production.
- If you are sensitive to any component of the artichoke, taking it in any format can cause an allergy with skin rashes, itching and breathing difficulties.
- Eating artichoke in excess can cause diarrhea, nausea, flatulence and loss of appetite. See your doctor if these symptoms last more than two days.
- If you are diabetic and take insulin, keep in mind that artichoke also lowers blood glucose.
It is essential to know the properties of the artichoke as well as its contraindications, since its consumption can bring many benefits to your body but, at the same time, it can affect your health if it is consumed in excess or if you have a problem which can react negatively with this food.