Gastritis is a stomach problem that causes a lot of discomfort to people who suffer from it, and it is also common to have to follow a specific diet for a few days or for a longer time, if the episodes are common. Among the best foods that can be eaten are fruits, although obviously not all of them are suitable. In fact, there are eight good fruits to treat gastritis that are key to help relieve symptoms and not be afraid to eat to avoid subsequent discomfort.
Gastritis: causes and symptoms
Gastritis can be defined as an inflammation of the mucosa of the lining of the stomach , which is usually caused by a bacterial infection and appears in a timely manner and suddenly or can become chronic.
Thus, among the causes of gastritis , bacterial infection stands out, but it also has its origin in other causes such as, for example, the continued use of analgesics or other medications, as well as a high intake of alcohol.
Normally, gastritis is not usually a serious problem, although it is important to treat it to avoid its chronification and, thus, not favor the appearance of ulcers. In some cases of chronic gastritis, a link has even been established with stomach cancer, as a facilitating factor for this.
And, how is this digestive problem recognized? These are the main symptoms of gastritis :
- Burning in the stomach, which is usually accompanied by pain, noticing worsening when eating.
Pear for gastritis
Pear is a good food for gastritis because it helps regulate the digestive system thanks to its content of vitamins A, B1, B2, B3 and C, as well as fiber.
In addition, it is of great help to regulate and relax the nervous system, since it is common that, in the case of gastritis, the person tends to show greater nervousness or irritability, either as an effect of the discomfort or as part of the cause. , as is the case of nervous or nerve gastritis.
Papaya is a good fruit for gastritis because it helps digestion . This is due to its contribution in vitamins A, B1, B2 and C and the minerals it contains, among which are magnesium, potassium, iron and sulfur.
In addition, papaya helps to strengthen the immune system and to make it work better, making it easier for the body to deal with gastritis when inflammation occurs due to a bacterial infection. Unknown to many of us, papaya can be one of the colon cleansing agent. Read on this article if you like to know about this remedy.
Apple for gastritis
The apple is one of the most suitable fruits for gastritis because it has pectin that, when it comes into contact with water –favors the absorption of liquids-, causes it to form a kind of gel that protects the entire digestive system.
In addition, it should be borne in mind that it is best to eat boiled apples , as their digestion is much easier that way. As what was always been told, “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”; read more on the benefits of apple here.
Coconut for gastritis
Coconut is good for gastritis because it relieves heaviness in the stomach, thanks to its good supply of magnesium, phosphorus, calcium and potassium, and fiber. In addition, it has a slight laxative effect due to its fiber content and is antiseptic and antibacterial, which favors the improvement of intestinal transit and the cleansing or purification of the body, as well as the fight against the infection that has caused the gastric problem.
For this reason, it is not advisable to eat a lot during gastritis, but a little natural coconut towards the end of the process to finish cleaning the digestive system of bacteria. We have few articles on coconut, we recommend you to read through it:
Banana is another of the eight fruits for gastritis due to its fiber content and also its slightly laxative effect, which allows the person to feel relief in their digestive system while the entire infectious process passes.
However, in the case of gastritis, it is better to take the banana when it is ripe , since green or less ripe bananas are less digestive and can cause some discomfort during digestion.
Peach or peach
People with gastritis can also take peach because it has a laxative effect, apart from being a diuretic, helping to purify the body and eliminate bacteria and agents that have caused the condition. In addition, it is very easy to digest, which is very helpful for the liver and the digestive system in general. Likewise, this and all fruits that contain a lot of fiber and water should not be taken in large quantities, because although we must replenish nutrients and liquids, if we overdo it, more diarrhea occurs.
Likewise, some similar fruits, such as nectarines and Paraguayos are also suitable for this diet. However, they must be pieces of ripe fruit, because if it is green it is indigestible and
Loquats can also be eaten by people with gastritis because they contain beta-carotene and substances with an astringent action , which act as protectors of the mucosa of the digestive system and help reduce diarrhea that can occur during gastritis.
Blueberries are fruits that have many healthy properties and are also indicated for gastritis. And it is that they do not favor the elimination of bacteria due to their contribution of antioxidants such as anthocyanins, proanthocyanidins, quercetin and resveratrol, as well as selenium and vitamins A and E. In other words, a cocktail of defenses.
The best fruit juices for gastritis
In addition to taking these eight fruits for gastritis, you can also drink fruit juices for gastritis throughout the day . Besides, it is an easy and comfortable way to take the fruit because you only have to blend it. And which are the best? Here we propose these with which you will notice relief:
- Banana and pear: it is an ideal combination due to its high fiber content, which favors intestinal transit, and its great contribution of minerals and vitamins, as well as a feeling of satiety and its easy digestion.
- Avocado and apple: the apple, as we have mentioned before, is one of the best fruits for gastritis. In the case of avocado, it is a fruit that contains fiber and helps relieve heartburn and acidity in the stomach, as well as avoiding that feeling of having an empty stomach, despite the discomfort. The combination of apple and avocado is also very beneficial and you can eat the pieces separately or prepare a juice with more water, which is very necessary during this condition.
These are two of the most indicated, but here you can learn more about How to make juices for gastritis .
Good foods for gastritis
Apart from fruits, there are good foods to treat gastritis and that can be eaten while the discomfort is present and normalcy in the digestive system is restored. These are the most suitable, although you should always follow the doctor's recommendations:
- Vegetables and vegetables: together with fruits, they are the most indicated products for gastritis. They should always be cooked with as little fat as possible. However, some of them must be avoided, as we explain in the next section.
- Fish: Preferably, white fish are taken while suffering from this gastric inflammation.
- Lean meats: meat can be eaten, but not all. The recommended ones are all those lean low in fat such as turkey and chicken. The breast is a good dish for these days.
- Dairy products: you can have milk, fresh cheese or yogurt, but it is better if they are skimmed dairy products due to their lower fat content.
- Eggs: it is convenient to eat them in an omelette or scrambled because they are softer than in other ways of cooking them.
- Drinks: when you have gastritis you can drink the juices that we have mentioned, as well as drink water and take digestive infusions, but not teas. Find out here what are the infusions to treat gastritis .
Forbidden foods for gastritis
And, if in the previous section we have talked about good foods for gastritis, now we are going to explain the prohibited foods for gastritis so that you avoid them on those days of greatest discomfort and until you fully recover. In this group appear:
- Some vegetables and vegetables: although the diet for gastritis is mainly based on them, there are some that it is not advisable to eat, such as all those flatulent vegetables (cabbage, cauliflower, red cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts…) and artichokes. In addition, some vegetables such as garlic, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes and onions are not recommended because they are strong and do not always feel good to the stomach, even if you do not have gastritis.
- Some fruits: all those fruits that are not ripe and that are citrus (such as lemon or orange) should be avoided.
- Certain dairy products: it is better not to eat cured cheeses or other non-skimmed dairy products such as milk and yogurt. Of course, because of its fat, cream is prohibited.
- Red meats: it is not recommended to eat meats rich in fat or sausages.
- Blue fish: although initially it is better to take the white ones, you can take all of them, but not cooked in a pickle or with fatty or spicy sauces, but rather grilled or cooked.
- Irritating drinks: you can not drink tea or coffee or soft drinks. Alcohol is also not allowed during this condition.
- Sugars: it is not convenient to take sugar or sugary products such as pastries and cakes, jellies or chocolate, among other sweets, because they are indigestible and contribute to stomach discomfort.
- Sauces: all of them should be avoided. In any case, it can be used to cook a little virgin olive oil.
With this article on 8 fruits for gastritis and the rest of the advice on eating during this digestive condition, we hope we have helped you from We always recommend that, in case of any discomfort, you go to the doctor to prescribe the most suitable treatment and medical guidelines for your case.